cupcake icon Pictures, Images and Photos

Friday, January 7, 2011

Sisters, Vanities, & Ghosts?! Oh my!!

    A recent conversation I've had with my Sister about a Vanity has now made me want to go get one as well. I've never really needed one in my room, which I share obviously with my Husband. I have a large dresser with a mirror...another large mirror as decor. My bathroom is adorned with mirrors, but the more I think of a Vanity to display all my girly trinkets the more I want to own one! You see I live in a household filled with boys! I also have a 10 year old Step-Son who visits here weekly, along with my 4 year old Son, and my Husband...I'm outnumbered! Actually, I guess that would make me the Queen of the house! Not too bad I guess! =) So, if I shall garner the title of Queen, every Queen should possess her own chic Vanity! Right?! I'm on the hunt for one which shouldn't be massive in size nor too small. I mean I'm not 6 years old....I have to be able to fit my legs under there! I'm thinking maybe something white or Tiffany blue! Something really glam...or maybe chic...maybe cute? GlamChicCute! Yes...all 3!
    To find something that possesses all 3 qualities....haha I'm making it sound like this Vanity is a person! Anywho, to find something that meets my criteria might be a challenge. Especially something inexpensive will be hard to come by! The conversation I had with my Sister included the idea of going to a thrift store of some sort! We don't do antiques! Something about antique stores gives us the willies! I'll elaborate on that story in a minute. So, maybe I'll find an old Vanity/Desk....fix it up, paint it, put on cute knobs, by a mirror and have it lean on my vanity against my wall! I think thats going to be my best plan! Well, the story about antique stores goes a 'lil something like this...my Sister and I were going to a store that was right next to an antique shop. We noticed a sign on their window stating that they were closed. It turns out that the store was out of business..we just happened to peak inside the dark-colored windows, but in doing so we noticed something very strange written on the glass. Next to the store hours and days they were open, which were in big letters and numbers, appeared a number for "EMERGENCIES"! Now, this wasn't a number for an emergency such as an accident or robbery, etc... it was a number of either the store owner or manager, where they could be reached for what we're assuming was emergencies regarding the antiques themselves. I've heard that objects can obtain the souls of those who've passed on that once owned these objects. So, in our thinking someone purchases an antique, takes it home, and realizes that this thing is freakin' haunted! Uuummm....yeah no thanks! They would then have to resort to this "emergency number" to complain about their haunted clock, doll, dresser, book...? Whatever the item, it really creeps me out! Although, I have stepped foot in an antique shop and wasn't so creeped out...I could see how these things would be creepy!
     As for my Vanity hunt, along with my Sister, whom I have yet to tell I'm thinking of getting one too! Not to be a copy cat....but meeoow! =) I will hopefully find one soooon! Wish me Happy Hunting!!!!
     From my hopefully non-possessed Vanity to yours....enjoy the rest of your day!!!
 XOXO...Jennifer




No comments:

Post a Comment